Tuesday, March 11, 2008

& a cherry on top!!



Well... I'm sure this card has arrived by now! As soon as I saw the new Summer Picnic paper from the Occasions Mini, I KNEW I'd have to buy it- if only to make ONE card for my VERY best friend, it was worth it!!

I hope she loves it as much as I do... The cased the original card from Splitcoast, and made some minor changes. I altered the size and the layout of the main card.

I used my Perfect Day rub-ons, also from the mini. I stamped the cherry from Tart&Tangy using blenders pens on ink pads then to the stamp. I scalloped punched and paper pierced a piece of real red cardstock for the bottom, attached a great scallop punch in real red behind the cherry & then added a 5/8" piece of real red grosgrain ribbon. I used some bashful blue textured paper for the base.

Hope you enjoyed my "Friendship" card... tomorrow I will be catching up on several challenges from Splitcoast, and I will post pics of cards as well as the recipes then!

Here's one more for the road- I used the Birthday Whimsy set from SAB for this one. I have a FREE SAB set for the next person to book a party with me- it doesn't even have to be hosted in March!! Let me know if you'd like it!! ;)



I made this for my girlfriend, Sarah because my calendar said that March 9th was her birthday. Turns out it's not 'til November 15th!! What?! I didn't know until AFTER I sent it, but I love it none the less!!

I used whisper white cardstock, bali breeze designer paper, apricot appeal designer paper I got with hostess benefits, I stamped the cake in Tempting Turquoise and used my scallop punch and Tempting Turquiose pierced paper to background the sentiment. I colored in the cake's candles and I stamped a second cake in chocolate chip and cut out the top layer to create "frosting"... then I covered that piece in crystal effects to give it a yummy look! I tope it all off with some layering, dimensionals, ribbon, a rhinestone brad from the ice collection, and some silver eyelets.

1 comment:

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

Kris,

I got the card!! I love it so much...and I have it hanging on my frig. I will keep in forever.

Thanks so much for thinking of me and making me feel so special and lucky to have a best friend like you! Love you.