Friday, March 14, 2008

Merci!



I made this card for a challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers. It was a color challenge to use the three main colors- Purely Pomegranate, Basic Black & Basic Gray.

I couldn't wait to try it out... I always love the color challenges because they get me to think outside the box.

I came up with this card- using the Merci set from Sale-A-Bration.

I used a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of cardstock for main card. I stamped the flower from the set all over using the VersaMark pad. It highlights the color of the cardstock that you use it on. It great for leaving a watermark and works good for backgrounds where you don't want something that really stands out. I then used a piece of whisper white cardstock to stamp my main image. I once again used the VersaMark pad and then covered my image in black embossing powder and used my heat gun to set the image. It's a VERY good idea to get the embossing buddy if you choose to do a lot of embossing. It's get rubbed over your cardstock so that the embossing powder ONLY sticks to your stamped image. Love it!

I then took my image, used the ticket corner punch on it and backgrounded it with a piece of purely pomegranate carstock. I place that layer on top of a basic black layer. I left the black layer a bit longer, and used a piece of satin purely pomegrante ribbon tied in front.

Then, I cut a layer of Holiday Harmony cardstock (which is retired)and laid that horizontally across the card. I attached the main image to the card and then got out the Crystal Effects(I used the CE on the birthday card below to create "icing")and placed it inside the heart on the main image. I added some dazzling diamonds glitter to the CE and let it dry. In the mean time I stamped the Merci sentiment in black on a piece of purely pomegrante and then cut it out with the 1 1/4" circle punch. I then cut a circle from the 1 3/8" punch in basic gray and then stamped the mini heart image in versamark on that piece and attched them. I took a stampin dimensional (which raises the cardstock) and attched the sentiment circle with that. I topped it all off by adding two black eyelets to the bottom corners of the Holiday Harmony paper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Cute!